Early Literacy Resources for the First 5 Years
Children's brains are more active than adult brains in the very early years.
The Early Words 5 top tips give help with:
- looking and listening
- singing and rhyming
- drawing and writing in 9 developmental stages.
Early Words aims to help families build the basic skills that children need for reading and writing, right from birth.
Developed for Western Sydney families and all who support them. If you are from further afield, welcome. There’s plenty here for everyone.
Early Words is going online! Find out:
- When your child may be ready to look at and listen to longer stories
- Some fun activities to help hands get ready for writing
- Why speaking your strongest language with your child is so important
- Early literacy videos from 0-3 years
- Early Words Facebook
- Early literacy online training
Our free videos about early literacy for 3-5 year olds will help answer your questions.
Find out more here
Resources for your child
More children's activities and links coming soon. Keep updated through our newsletter "The Early Word"
If you would like to know how to choose the best books for any particular age, click here.
Children enjoy watching other children in the videos too.